Volusion vs Shopify: Is Volusion Better than Shopify For E-commerce store
Volusion and Shopify are both e-commerce platforms, but they do differ significantly from one another. Shopify has more sophisticated sales tools, whereas Volusion excels at providing data insights. If you’re looking for an e-commerce platform, Shopify is your best bet; Volusion is far more complicated and can be used efficiently for large-scale business.
There are many factors to think about while deciding between these two e-commerce website builders. Which one has better features? Who has the most comprehensive knowledge of their customers? Which company has the lowest prices?
Fortunately, we’ve done the legwork for you and compared the two main contenders in all the important aspects of development.
Introduction to Volusion
Volusion’s initial setup requires the user to supply some personal and company details. When you sign up for Volusion, you’ll be taken through a series of steps that will help you establish your online shop. To begin, you will be asked to name your business, choose a store theme, select a payment gateway, and decide how you want your products shipped. Whether you’re looking to sell physical objects like furniture or art or digital services and software like subscriptions, Volusion can help you do it.
When your store is up and running, you can take advantage of a wide range of helpful tools, such as inventory and CRM features, a system for collecting customer feedback in the form of reviews, a mobile app, search engine optimization (SEO) tools, reporting capabilities, and even a developer’s toolkit, if you have the necessary expertise. You should know that the features available to you will vary depending on the type of subscription you choose.
In addition to these tools, Volusion provides an app market from which you may install a wide range of extensions, each of which can improve your site’s performance in a unique way. Volusion has a Help Center with a wealth of documentation and offers 24/7 phone, email, and live chat help should you run into any issues.
Features of Volusion
Volusion has excellent templates. There are more than 300 unique patterns to choose from, which is plenty of options without being overwhelming. With such well-crafted designs, you can rest assured that your shop will do well. There is a decent variety of both free and paid themes available. Volusion’s pre-made themes are both aesthetically pleasing and straightforward to put together.
Volusion SEO is an important factor because it increases your site’s visibility in search engine results. The search engine optimization (SEO) process is more art than science, but Volusion provides optimization ideas and sets you up for success in this area.
Integrating Volusion with MailChimp, a popular email marketing service, simplifies the process of acquiring and keeping customers. Mailchimp and Volusion are already configured to work together, so you can leverage your customer and shopping history data to send post-order emails, promotions, top-of-mind messages, etc., with no additional setup required.
Volusion has 4 pricing packages within 2 different categories of payment procedures.
Monthly Payment on Rolling Contract
- Personal: $29
- Professional: $79
- Business: $299
- Prime: Custom
Monthly Payment Paid Annually
- Personal: $26.10
- Professional: $71.10
- Business: $269.10
- Prime: Custom
Here are some benefits of Volusion mentioned that you must consider.
- Volusion has a clean interface and well-defined tabs, making it quite simple to pick up and use. You won’t feel lost when you first fire it up, and the dashboard on the right side of your toolbar is intuitively laid up.
- Adding products and pages is rather intuitive, so you shouldn’t have too many problems getting things set up. Additionally, Volusion’s helpful customer service will promptly resolve any issues you may have.
- Volusion includes a plethora of cutting-edge features to ensure your site’s safety, improvement, and user-friendliness. An intuitive interface with well-considered navigation and simple configuration is provided. Another useful feature is the fraud score, which may be used to assess the level of danger involved. Consider it a safeguard against the possibility of credit card fraud being perpetrated against your business.
- You’ll also appreciate the extra layer of security provided by the included SSL certificates, which will give your customers more faith in your online shop. As opposed to competing platforms, Volusion provides superior encryption for your customers’ private information.
Volusion has some disadvantages too that you might look upon.
- If you’re an online retailer, you should provide product catalogs on your website so that customers can shop with confidence. Having Google Analytics and unique landing pages set up is essential, but having access to conversion pixels and modifications, to mention a few, is what really changes the game. Volusion is a huge letdown in comparison to them.
- It lacks Shopify’s revolutionary content management systems (CMS) and blog configurations. Even though it is possible to get around this problem by incorporating a blog within your store’s domain (using Drupal, WordPress, etc.), this solution still falls short when it comes to providing simple analytics integration.
- In contrast to other platforms, Volusion does not have its own app store. They have a lot of features, but unlike their competitors, they don’t allow you to install third-party plugins.
- If you’re handy with code or just need a powerful (hosted) platform that can serve as a catalog or shopping cart, this is the way to go. But if you’re looking for advanced marketing and design tools, Volusion is not for you.
Shopify: Best Ecommerce Platform for Business
Shopify gives business owners the ability to create and customize their very own online store, which they can then use to sell their products anywhere, including on the web, mobile devices, conventional storefronts, temporary pop-up stores, as well as on social media websites, and in online marketplaces.
As it is web-based and hosted, Shopify may be accessed from any device as long as it satisfies the basic requirements for its operating system. In addition, we will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the software and servers on your behalf. As long as you have a connection to the Internet, you are able to run your business operations from virtually anywhere in the world.
Features of Shopify
Shopify gives you access to more than 90 different pre-designed templates, which you can use as a basis for creating your very own one-of-a-kind online business. Shopify Payments, the built-in payment processor powered by Stripe that is included with the platform, provides you with the capability to securely accept payments from all of the major credit and debit cards. You also have the option of integrating any one of more than one hundred third-party payment processors.
One of the most potent and flexible e-commerce systems available to proprietors of businesses today is Shopify. It offers a vast array of skills that may be put to use in the establishment of an online store, in the management of that site, and in the marketing of that store.
Shopify also provides powerful customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing features, such as integrated SEO coaching, the potential to offer customers discounts and gift cards, and the ability to connect social network integration.
Once your store is up and running, you will be able to take advantage of Shopify’s comprehensive collection of store administration capabilities, including customer data storage, drop shipping app integration, one-click order fulfillment, integration with Amazon and other fulfillment centers, and detailed performance metrics.
Pricing of Shopify
Shopify has higher initial costs, but it offers significantly more in terms of customizability and additional features. When it comes to expanding your business, this will be of great assistance. There are three various pricing tiers to choose from, in addition to a 14-day free trial period:
- Basic Shopify ($29 per month):
Basic Shopify plan provides users with an online storefront, and blog, the ability to list an infinite number of products, create two user accounts for employees, gain access to 24/7 customer service, and sell across multiple sales channels.
- Shopify ($79 per month):
This plan grants access to five employee accounts, gift cards, expert reports, discounted credit card rates, and point-of-sale add-ons.
- Advanced Shopify ($299 per month):
Advanced Shopify plan lets you upgrade to Shopify’s Advanced plan, which includes features like a report builder, discounted credit card processing rates, and shipping prices set by a third party.
Advantages of Shopify
Some essential advantages of Shopify have been stated below.
- Shopify dominates the market in terms of “out of the box” integration. In addition to streamlining a company’s e-commerce operations, Shopify gives users access to the most extensive library of connections to the commerce ecosystem in the industry.
- Shopify takes care of all the extraneous complexity. It acknowledges that the global economy is not geared toward the creation, growth, and success of individual businesses. Thus, Shopify makes it simple and convenient for business owners to get their hands on development resources.
- Shopify is a global company that works with entrepreneurs all around the world to help them start up, expand, and perfect their businesses. They give entrepreneurs in more than 175 countries the structure, support, and tools they need to thrive.
- If you run an online store, you can rest assured knowing that Shopify has your back. Everything from the online to the offline world, and everywhere in between. Shopify’s vast and diverse user base includes entrepreneurs, merchants, developers, and partners.
Disadvantages of Shopify
Here we have mentioned some of the disadvantages of Shopify too.
- We regret to tell you that Shopify does not provide any marketing automation solutions as part of our standard offerings. Automating your marketing tasks will necessitate either signing up for a paid Shopify app or a third-party service, such as MailChimp.
- A monthly subscription charge is required to use the Shopify service, in addition to any additional costs for premium features or services.
- Shopify offers a wide variety of themes, but you can’t alter their basic structure. If you want to make substantial changes to the way your store looks, hiring an architect or interior designer will be necessary.
- Shopify’s price plans do not include email hosting. You’ll have to move to a different provider if you want to set up an email address for your shop.